Start of Something Good?

|
Yes my title is inspired from the wonderful Disney channel classic, High School Musical. I won't deny it, I am a sucker for those Disney Channel musical movies. I actually just finished watching Camp Rock 2. Judge if you must. But all joking aside, today as I was driving to work I decided that I would do something new with my blog. Instead of just writing and writing and writing, I would write and include links to some of my favorite music for the day. So today is the first day I am going to do that.

I have been reading in Ruth lately and I really love what I am learning from this book. Ruth changed her entire life to stay with Naomi. Out of loyalty to Naomi? Maybe. But maybe she tasted a bit of Naomi's God and yearned for more. Psalm 34:8 says

"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him."


If Ruth did get a taste of what God is, I can only think it came from Naomi. What a life of reckless abandonment that others are affected by her relationship with God. I yearn for that in my own life. Ruth left all she had known and turned to a new life, a new way of living, a new God. 


"But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." Ruth 1:16


As I was pondering this, a song came on that kind of fit my conviction. I want to live a life of reckless abandonment that others are affected by my relationship with Christ. That others see a difference in me, a difference in who I once was and a difference in me from the rest of the world. I want to be sold out and unashamed for Him. So these two songs that I am putting on here just sum up my mindset today as I was taking my daily drive to work.  


Jesus Culture-Rooftops--Amazing song of pure unashamed worship



Chris August-Starry Night--I love this song. The chorus gets me every time. 


I hope you guys enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment